Friday, April 07, 2006

A singular interview.

The interview went, I think, well. The interviewer brought me into his office, described the company, and asked me exactly two questions: "Do you have any questions?" and "Do you have any more questions?"

My understanding is that they're expanding enormously and my resume is pretty good as far as they're concerned. I'm to think over all that he told me (and he told me a lot--I asked good questions, but he evidently likes talking about his company) and if I'm interested, e-mail him Monday, fill out the official application packet he gave me, and if the background check goes smoothly I could be working the next Monday. I won't, of course, since I'll be on my way to Korea (already!), but he sounded very amenable to a later starting date.

I may have a job here. I'm not positively sure, but I may. I like the sound of the job and the company a lot more after the interview ("interview"), and he mentioned a couple of spots I could move into after a couple of months he thought I would be suited for--project management or internal research and analysis. I will write to him on Monday and we'll see.

1 comment:

Jade L Blackwater said...

GREAT JOB DUDE! That's fantastic! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, and I hope that everything else falls into place.

Regardless of the outcome, congrats on the interview! Looking for work can often feel like a full-time job in itself, and the really great interviews and few and far between. :)