Monday, August 01, 2005

Things I did and didn't do this weekend.

The weekend was nice and relaxing. We went to see "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," highly recommended. Last week it was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," also good but faintly creepy and I can't remember whether the book was that way or not. I remember the Vermicious Knids bugged me in the sequel but that's all I can think of.

I discovered I have thrush. It showed up last month in Vegas, but Mom told me it was a canker sore, so I didn't worry about it. Now it's back. Eric looked at it and entered "moldy mouth" into Google and came up with thrush. I'm getting it checked out tomorrow (at 8 AM. Why did I agree to this time? I mean, look at the facts: 1. My alarm is set for 7:30 usually, which is when I'd have to leave the house to get to the doctor's on time. 2. I don't respond to my alarm anymore anyway. 3. I could count a doctor appointment as sick time at work if I took the time off during work. 4. I have more sick time than I could use. 5. As evinced by 1 and 2, this won't count as work time) but am reasonably sure that's what it is. Moldy mouth. Yum.

I started work on WUALF, creating the frog block and figuring out how to cut it out so that I can actually sew the pieces together again. And the DNA scarf has been approved, so I don't have to start over on that again, which is nice. If Toledo Jen is unavailable Saturday I'll probably get a lot of work done on it.

I did not weed or wash the car. Color me surprised.

I realized last week that Labor Day weekend comes immediately after Aunt Karolyn's wedding, and thus I'd be (essentially) gone two weeks in a row. Not seeing Eric for three weeks does not please me, so I'm giving up the Three-Day and we're going to Chicago instead. I feel funny about deciding this. I'm not used to the idea of having to rearrange my life around someone else. --I'm not rearranging it and I don't have to; I want to; that's the part that feels funny, I think. I'll see if I can write Petra during NaNoWriMo--I haven't tried it yet, so it should be interesting. And I would like to finish something this year.

No comments: